Saturday, December 15, 2018

David's Place





Sometimes the best places to eat are those places you just run into. Many times you go to eat somewhere highly recommended or they have great online reviews but when you finally visit it doesn't meet your expectations. I've had that experience many times, how about you? In this case my family and I went to visit The Dinosaur Place at Nature's Art Village in Oakdale, CT. After a great time we were hungry and as we were leaving the parking lot we see this small restaurant. We decide to give it a shot. We see some locals hanging out eating as we walk up to order. The menu varies from seafood to burgers, hotdogs and fried chicken. The girls working were inviting, they welcomed us to David's place, maybe they notice we weren't locals.

Scrolling through the menu the fried chicken dinner caught my eye. It included fries and coleslaw. My wife had her mind set for the fish and chips dinner. For my son, we ordered a grilled cheese which the chef on the grill kindly asked me if I wanted the grill cheese ahead or served at the same time as our order. We chose ahead of a time of course with a hungry 4 year old. Beautiful day out we sat outside to eat and as the food brought over to us we saw how generous the portions were for the price. My plate had 4 pieces of chicken, a big thigh included as you see from the photo, with crispy golden fries and very fresh coleslaw. The fish and chips where just as generous with 2 pieces of fish, very fresh, well seasoned white meaty fish. The chicken had a great crunch fresh out the fryer. We were surprised and impress by the amount of food for the cost.  My meal alone could have fed two people and it was only $10. Next time we head that way I will surely come back and try something new.   

Thanks Dave's Place for the great food and great customer service. 
 
Our plates
*this photo was downloaded from online

No comments:

Post a Comment