Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Mi Pueblo Restaurant & Bakery



  When families think about eating out most of the time they tend to think about these big food chain restaurants where the menu is all the same, the service is horrible because of the flow of people that come in and out. When my family and I go out to eat we love to find what we call the Mom and Pop places that are family owned. This place is just that. Mi Pueblo Restaurant & Bakery in Bridgeport Connecticut. This Colombian restaurants is a very intimate place where you can come for a great meal. Not a big place but they make up for it with big bold Latin flavors. The menu is what you expect from the heavy breakfast of arroz con huevos revueltos con maduro, (rice with scrambled eggs and sweet plantain) to the filling lunch and dinner plates. The amount of food on the plate is well worth the price, it's like you going to Abuelas (grandma's) house where she makes sure you are full. For those who don't read Spanish, well don't worry, the menu translates in English what you want to order.

     Today I ordered the Pechuga De Pollo Empanizada (breaded chicken with white rice, beans, sweet plantains and salad.) My first time ordering this dish and I didn't know what to expect. My wife had the Ensalada Verde (green salad) simple it sounds but as you see in the photo it was very fresh with home made dressing. The dish took a bit to come out but it was for sure worth the wait when you see the portion of food that's on the plate and that it's still nice and hot from the kitchen. As hungry as I was, I was determined to eat it all. Well sad to say I failed, I ended up bringing the rest home. The chicken breast was crunchy and moist, exactly what's expected from a breaded chicken breast. People who know me know that I eat rice but it's not something I am in love with but this white rice was delicious I even had to fight my son who kept trying to eat the rice off my plate. He enjoyed the rice and beans and if he eats it they must be good! For the families who come visit this place they do have cheeseburger and hot dog on the menu for the smaller picky eaters as well as a kids menu with french fries and nuggets. If your in a hurry they do have Empanadas and arepas. Even a bakery where they make leche asada, donuts, pudin de pan to name a few.


Mi Pueblo Restaurant & Bakery
1222 state street Bridgeport CT 06605

No comments:

Post a Comment