Friday, March 2, 2018

Who am I

 My name is St.V. Padilla. I was born in Bridgeport, Connecticut and raised most of my childhood in Puerto Rico. I am proud father of a 4 year old boy. Growing up I found a high interest in sports where I excelled' I attended the University of Bridgeport, graduating with  Bachelors in Fine Arts.  For the last 13 years I was a preschool teacher and loved my job. However, as the years passed I suddenly felt I was missing something. cooking has been a passion of mine. My wife has always supported and encouraged me to go after what I love and cooking professionally became my next goal. I left my job to pursue this dream but I didn’t know where to start. Ironically a friend sent me an email with an application for a 12 week culinary training course. I was taken back a bit because I couldn’t believe plus, it was being offer just 10 minutes from where I live. Soon after applying, I received a phone call informing me that I was accepted into the class! I was so happy but I didn’t know what to expect. 
On orientation day I knew then that it wasn’t your ordinary class., I saw that it was going to be a challenge and that I had to earn that certificate at the end of the program. My teacher and now mentor Chef Raquel Rivera-Pablo took me under her wing and showed me there is more to cooking then just putting food on a plate. Food to me is personal. It was always shared with family and friends and its something I always connect with that memory. My son has an interest in cooking and I plan to share my knowledge and new ventures with him. As my passion continues to grow and I find new recipes and work with new ingredients, I plan to share my experiences with you as well so we can experience this wonderful culinary journey together.

No comments:

Post a Comment